Wednesday 22 February 2012

A Taste of Things to Come ...


I am still finalising details of the projects, activities and artworks that I plan to complete during my residency.

In the meantime, here’s some images of my work currently on display until 3 March at the University of the Sunshine Coast Gallery, Sippy Downs (open Mon -Sat, 10am-4pm).
The exhibition is entitled BERBAGI, which means ‘sharing’ in Indonesian. This symbolises the friendship and shared experiences during an art-holiday in Bali. On display is work by nine other Queensland papermakers and two Balinese paper artists.


Food for Thought

These parcels are my replicas of food wrappings from Bali. They have names like ‘Packets of Perseverance’ and ‘Containers of Contentment’
… made from natural-fibre papers.



Scattered Offerings

Balinese women and girls create a variety of offerings (from leaves, flowers and found objects) in preparation for the Hindu festivals. Once scattered on the ground, or placed in a shrine, these offerings are abandoned. Folding my photographs of these offerings into origami shapes was a meditative and relaxing experience.
… natural fibre papers and printed photographs. 

 









Kim Schoenberger took this photo
of me at the opening

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tricia, your blog is looking good! All the best with your artist in residency - I look forward in keeping updated with your hapenings.

    Cheers,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete